Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Chicken

The first time I tried this was when my friends made it for us after church one Sunday. This gets put in heavy rotation for Sunday dinner during the Fall and Winter. The kids call it Sunday Chicken.

Chicken (I use boneless/skinless breasts or thighs-- about 4 or 5 breasts)
1 can of cream of something soup (we use cream of mushroom)
1 pkg dry Italian seasoning mix (I have used dry Ranch too)
diced onion (I use frozen chopped onion).

Throw it all in the slow cooker. When I use frozen chicken I put it in by mid morning and just put it on low all day, you can also do it after lunch on high (non frozen chicken). Right before you serve it, stir in one pkg of cream cheese (sour cream works in a pinch). We serve this over baked potato's, rice or noodles.

Variations: throw in some grated or chopped carrots, peas, corn or other veggies. I also like to put something green in there (cilantro, basil, thyme, etc.....). This ends up being very similar to chicken pot pie..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers